As you are likely aware the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak has impacted everyone’s life at the moment and it is a bit of a moving feast at the moment.
Anvil Legal is committed to providing the same level of service as before this thing hit us but we have had to implement precautionary measures to ensure the health and safety of our clients, employees and the wider community.
We have implemented a work-from-home strategy as of Monday 30 March 2020 which will continue until further notice: but you should not really notice any difference, work continues.
Any queries should be made to our usual email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Phone number (08 6143 5200), however, there may be some teething issues so bear with us, if you don’t get a response within 48 hours please re-send your enquiries
- Our office hours have not changed: 9.00 am to 5:00 pm Monday – Friday, but, these are subject to change as necessary for public health and to stay in line with government guidelines.
- Public health best practices include social distancing so we will not be conducting in-person meetings with clients at the office. Instead, such meetings will be conducted by phone or by using video-conferencing options such as Skype if needed (most likely only for new client appointments).
- We will keep any client, either currently with action on foot or those with matters arising during this period updated on WorkCover /court operations if required.
- WorkCover is currently on restricted staff and whilst there is currently no change to the way in which applications are made by us there will likely be some delay and they are only conducting conferences by telephone. You can keep up to date with WorkCover’s comments on their website located https://www.workcover.wa.gov.au/
- Insurers and their lawyers are still working, however, many are working from home and delays are inevitable (not really an excuse if the delays are extended though)
- Many of our clients are on weekly payments and whilst some businesses may shut down and sack staff they are required to continue paying your compensation – if you have any issues contact us immediately.
Should you have any issues please notify us through the usual channels but keep in mind this virus will also has an impact on your ability to get medical treatment, rehab etc, we are already seeing surgery’s cancelled and some other treatments affected due to travel restrictions.
Brett and Team