Claiming Compensation in WA as the Victim of An Offence

If you have been wounded or have suffered financial loss as a result of a crime in Western Australia you may be eligible for compensation. Such crimes include robberies, assaults, domestic violence, or sexual offences. Compensation can be claimed by filing a common law claim against the offender, the court can also be petitioned to sentence an offender to make an order for compensation or restitution, however, the most utilised avenue is to make a compensation claim under The Criminal Injuries Compensation Act 2003 WA. Continue reading “Claiming Compensation in WA as the Victim of An Offence”

Anvil Legal