What Damages Can Be Claimed?

What Can You Claim For In A Common Law Action?

The process of working out what monetary figure can be claimed in a common law action is generally undertaken at the beginning of the process and then made formally in a document entitled Particulars of Damage.

While it is a necessary part of any action it can be difficult to establish a figure until all the relevant information is at hand, including (but certainly not limited to) medical reports, witness statements, costs of past and future medical treatment, gratuitous services calculations and the calculation of both past and future superannuation contributions.

The types of damages that can be sought include:

  • Past and future loss of earnings
  • Past and future loss of Superannuation
  • Past and future medical expenses
  • Past and future gratuitous services related to nursing or domestic duties
  • Loss of enjoyment of life
  • Pain and suffering

What Can You Do Now to Establish How Much You Could Be Entitled To

While the information in these pages is relevant to your claim you could speak to a lawyer obligation free and at no cost instead of spending the next week looking around the web for more concise information.

It’s easy, you can call us on 08 6143 5200 or fill out an enquiry form here and we would be happy to discuss your claim, at no cost to you, over the phone or at your free appointment.

We guarantee that you will not have to pay for your consultation and if you are eligible for our No Win No Fee Solution* (as most work injuries are) we can continue to help you through the life of your claim without you having to pay for our legal advice out of your own pocket.

If you have already spoken to other lawyers about your claim and they haven’t been able to take on your matter please give us a call to see if we can help you.

Back to Faq’s
Anvil Legal